Monday, May 17, 2010

Always hungry...never satisfied

So I've either been super irresponsible or super overwhelmed. I'm going to go with overwhelmed, because that doesn't sound as bad.

Just an update: I've graduated from my culinary program and I'm currently interning at the Center for Culinary Development. Developing and testing recipes for Fortune 500 companies is a whole new world, filled with modified food starches and nutritional requirements, a far cry from my boutique cooking school, which was typically filled with butter and heavy cream.

Apparently my BA in Media Studies and professional chef's certificate are not enough, because more school is in the near future. Come September I'll be leaving SF and trekking across the country to Boston, where I will study Gastronomy at Boston University Metropolitan College. I am hopeful that the new location will inspire writing, photography, cooking, and most importantly eating. And even though I've been pampered by San Francisco's progressive culinary world for the past 5 years, I'm looking forward to new farmer's markets and corner stores, stocked with East Coast produce and other delicious locally crafted concoctions.

And lastly, in 2 weeks I will be leaving for quite the European Vacation, while I cant promise to write very much, I'll post photos as frequently as possible, as I eat my way through Spain, France, and Italy!!